As requested by students of "Finding Your Voice - A Photographers Journey from Composition to Personal Style"; this two-day hands-on workshop helps photographers refine their Composition and Style via this project-based workshop. Learn about Projects and why they are important to your development as an artist and photographer.
Join me for this two full day intensive workshop focused on further refining style. It is designed for anyone who wants to develop a personal and unique style in their photography. If you want to perfect the ability to consistently produce images that reflect your vision, this class is for you.
Limited to just 8 students, this class will further explore Style. Starting with some must-do homework, this workshop will set the stage for developing a project from conception to a finished project blueprint.
Using Art Project-Based methodologies, students will develop & refine their own projects and vision in class with input from all the participants.
From Concept to Project covers all aspects of creating successful Projects including:
- How to get Creative Ideas
- How Projects will Define Your Style
- Project Conception – The Idea
- The Blueprint
- Blueprint Refinement
- The Project - Shoot
- Project Development & Exploration
- Color Grading
- Exploring Aspect Ratios
- Display Size
- Display Materials
- Other Elements to Explore
- Style Elements Review
- The Story – What are you trying to say?
- The Artists Statement
- What is an Artists Statement?
- Why Have an Artists Statement?
- Importance of an Artists Statement
- Project Refinement
This workshop has required homework that will see students develop an artistic project from conception to the Project Refinement stage.
It is designed for anyone who wants to develop a personal and unique style in their photography. If you want to perfect the ability to consistently produce images that reflect your vision, this class is for you. A general understanding of the basics of composition is helpful but not required.
Limited to just 8 students.
There is a multi-page handout that will act as a learning guide given to students at the end of the class.
Date & Time
Next Class - Saturday January 18 & Saturday January 25, 2020
- First Saturday: Please try to arrive for 8:45 to 9:00 am to allow for introductions, a quick tour, refreshments and breakfast (coffee/tea, donuts/pastries/fruit) and processing payments. Class will begin at 9:30 am sharp.
- Second Saturday: Class starts at 9:30 am sharp, please come early to allow for breakfast. If you have questions, need specific help, or just want to lounge around prior to class.
- Classes usually end around 4:30 pm but may run until 5:00 pm in order to answer any questions.
The workshop takes place in my private studio for a comfortable hands-on learning experience.
Banded Rock Studios (in Ladner)
4681 – 56th Street, Delta, BC V4K 3X4
- Pre-Class Assignment
Information will be posted soon!
- What to Bring to Class
Information will be posted soon!
This 2-day workshop is $189.00 plus taxes (GST & PST of $22.68) for a total of $211.68.
Upon paid registration, students will receive further details and specific homework instructions.
This class requires a minimum of 4 registered students to run and has a limit of 8 students to allow for personal coaching time with each student.
Registration for this class will be open soon.
If you are interested in this class, please contact Francois or signup to this Blogs mail out list to get notified as soon as registration is open.