Saturday February 17th & Sunday 18th, 2017
A comprehensive two-day workshop that looks at Composition and how its understanding leads to Artistic and Personal Style.
This workshop will examine much more than the ten basic rules of composition including:
1. The Science and Psychology of Composition
2. The Importance of Subject Matter
3. Beyond the Ten Basic Elements of Composition
4. Medium Specific Controls (*Photo, Paint, Film)
5. Placement/Point of Focus
6. Space (Subject Space, Background & Negative Space)
7. Balance (including how to recognize balance)
8. Compositional Notions & Devices
9. Breaking the Rules (Are there any rules?)
10. Understanding Eye Movement
11. How Display Intent affect Composition
And will further define and explore Style:
11. What is Style
12. Identifying Artistic & Photographic Style
13. Defining your Style
14. How to refine your Style
There will be some homework to bring to class on Sunday. Once you register you will be given instructions.
Although this is a Photography workshop, it is perfect for most Visual Arts including Film, Painting and Illustration. Based on class composition, Jean-Francois will discuss some other Mediums when appropriate.
This two-day workshop is $179.00 per person. Breakfast (Muffins, Donuts, Fruit) is included both days and Tea and Coffee will be provided throughout the day. Students to provide their own lunches. We will break for 1 Hour for lunch each day. There are several local food vendors nearby in Ladner where classes are being held. (Address provided once registered)
Classes will run from 9:30am to 4:30pm on Saturday and Sunday in Ladner, BC in a comfortable Boardroom environment. Lunch will be from (approx.) 12:30 to 1:30 each day. There will be Q&A time throughout the class and from 4:30 to 5:00 each day.
These are small classes limited to 8 students only. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact email@example.com to register and for further information.